About the Organisation
The Authority is a Crown entity, responsible for the safety and security of New Zealand’s civil aviation system. The Authority has two business arms – the regulatory arm, which is responsible for the safety oversight of the civil aviation system, and the security arm (the Aviation Security Service) which provides aviation security services at airports across New Zealand.
About the role
The primary purpose of this role is to promote workplace health and safety as an outcome of our organisational culture and as a key component of the people strategy. We are looking for a fixed term senior practitioner to take on this key role and provide senior level advice and support to the organisation on all aspects of Health and Safety, working with the business to drive and deliver health and safety initiatives across the Authority.
This role works at both a strategic and operational level with the Manager HR Transformation, senior managers and PCBU to report and advise on the delivery, development, maintenance and implementation of Health and Safety policy and procedures. It has responsibility for supervising the day-to-day activities of the two Health and Safety Advisors (Avsec) and leads the National Health and Safety Committees for the Authority.
To be successful in our role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Health and Safety or equivalent relevant experience
- Extensive experience in a Senior Health and Safety specialist role
- Demonstrated ability in regards to the implementation and monitoring of Health and Safety Management Systems, Health and Safety inspections, audits, incident/accident investigations, hazard identification and risk assessments, subcontractor management and standard operating procedures
- Ability to lead, model, contribute to, and advocate for, health and safety best practice at all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrated ability to coach and influence managers on Health and Safety topics and to partner with the business to ensure an effective service
- Strong writing, reporting, presenting and analysis skills
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you have the necessary skills, experience and qualifications, then please apply now.
Applications close Friday 16th February 2018.